We are very happy to announce the first issue of the internet journal The Other Scene.
The aim of The Other Scene is to publish papers on psychoanalysis and on the different applications of psychoanalysis in a variety of intellectual and artistic pursuits such as literature, film and other arts, sociology and political theory, philosophy and pedagogy: anywhere it can be seen as relevant.
Obviously, psychoanalysis started as a therapeutic practice and it still has its foundation in this practice. However, as Freud pointed out already in 1926: “The use of analysis for the treatment of the neuroses is only one of its applications; the future will perhaps show that it is not the most important one .” (“The question of lay analysis.” SE, 20: 179-250.)
Furthermore, psychoanalysis is itself shaped by its proximity to the various arts and sciences. Ultimately The Other Scene also hopes to bring analysis to unfamiliar grounds.
Voir aussi :
- “I’m only Human after all”
- Miroir ô beau Miroir, quel est le meilleur thérapeute à…
- Juristische Unsicherheit
- Arguments pour une répression des « fraudes »
- Sous les pavés, les charlatans
- Petite chronique d’une guerre : les derniers Juifs
- Pourquoi la psychanalyse risque-t-elle de disparaître du Luxembourg ?
- La psychanalyse existe